Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Pure In Heart

The Savior said "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" (Matthew 5:8). I have been privileged to have known several people who are pure in heart; I can see light shining from their eyes and countenances; I feel closer to God when I am around them. And they see God everywhere. They see God's influence in their lives everywhere they look. They look for the good in everything and give their gratitude to God. They are quick to point out the tiniest blessings, which in turn fuels their happiness and optimism. They can see God's merciful hand in the midst of adversity. They see the Savior in others and try to treat them accordingly (see Matthew 25:40).

I am grateful to have known these special people, whose hearts have been cleansed and purified by the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that this blessing promised by Jesus is real and can be obtained by all through His mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment